A grammar worksheet for students to contrast the uses of the past continuous and the past simpleSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Ask students to give you some sentences in the past tense and some others in past continuous and elicit what the difference is.
3. You may take 5 more minutes or so to clarify the difference so use a couple of examples from the worksheet if necessary.
4. Distribute the worksheet and ask students to work in pairs and answer the exercises. Offer help as needed.
5. Invite students to sit with another pair and compare their answers.
6. Check answers with the whole class and give short and simple explanations if necessary.
Compartir MED en classroom: