An animated video for students to learn how to write an informal letter and the reasons why we write themSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the video.
2. Ask students two questions before you play the video, a) to whom do we write informal letters? and b) why do we write informal letters?
3. Tell students they are going to watch a video to reconfirm some information on writing letters as well as the answers to the previous questions.
4. Play the video and ask students to read the information shown.
5. Pause the video and ask students to copy the list of 8 different purposes of writing an informal letter. Help with vocabulary as needed.
6. Continue with the next part of the video, review the letter format with students, and pause the video to the question ‘How can you start your letter? for students to share their answers.
7. Compare students’ answers to the ones in the video and ask them to copy them as well in their notebooks.
8. Explain students what ‘stating the purpose of the letter’ is and discuss the examples given in the video.
9. Show the last part of the video which is how to end the letter.
10. Invite volunteers to sum up the information given in the video and share it with the class.
Compartir MED en classroom: