A fun and catchy song to teach students ordinal numbersSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the video.
2. Write on the board two heading, ORDINAL NUMBERS / CARDINAL NUMBERS.
3. Borrow some books from students and count them up , 1,2,3,4 etc., do the same with pencils, and back packs maybe and write the numbers in the CARDINAL NUMBERS column.
4. Tell students they are going to listen to a song about the other type of numbers, ORDINAL NUMBERS.
5. Play the song and have students listen to the ordinal numbers 1st- 10th, then draw their attention to their spelling.
6. Teach “Those are the ordinal numbers” so they can sing the chorus and join in.
7. The last part of the video teaches the difference between ‘cardinal and ordinal numbers, point at the headings you wrote on the board and complete with the examples mentioned.
8. Play the video one more time and invite your students to sing along and clap to the rhythm.
9. Line up the books, pencils, and/ or backpacks you used at the beginning of the class and ask students to practice 1st, 2nd, etc.
Compartir MED en classroom: