A grammar worksheet for students to practice describing a situation in past and making questionsSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students and several others of ‘The running dictation’. This activity may be modified according to the conditions of your class and the size of it. If you have a small class, stick the running dictation text on the walls outside the classroom and ask students to work in pairs. One student will be ‘the reader’ and the other ‘the writer’. If you have a bigger class, you may ask students to work in groups of four, and 2 students will be the readers, taking turns, and 2 students will be the writers. Taking turns as well.
2. Tell students they are going to practice past tense in two different ways using the same piece of information.
3. Ask them these questions,
a) Where they went on vacation last time?
b) Who did you go with?
c) How long did you stay there?
d) How did you get there?
e) What did you do there?
4. Ask the reader to go outside or to the back or front of the class where you stuck the running dictation test, read one sentence, come back to his/her pair /group, and dictate the sentence. When they finish, they check the text together and then you distribute the worksheet for them to complete.
5. Monitor and make sure they have the text and are working together.
6. If time allows, continue working with activity B. Otherwise, save it for some other time.
Compartir MED en classroom: