A clip of an interview for students to learn about talk shows and interviewsSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the video.
2. Ask students what a ‘talk show’ is and what are some Mexican shows.
3. Tell students this is a very famous American show , “The tonight show” starring Jimmy Fallon and this is a clip from a famous interview.
4. Show the scene and ask students if they recognize the guys being interviewed. Invite students to tell you what they know about 1D.
5. Play the interview (2:38minutes) and decide where to pause it so you can discuss what they are talking about. This is a great cultural experience since they are ‘imitating’ different British accents. Students may not get them so only imitate them and tell them there’s a wide variety of regional accents just like in Mexico or any other country.
6. Discuss with students,
a) What are they talking about?
b) What did 1D say they are most grateful for?
c) What’s so important about the album 1D brings?
d) How long are they going to be on tour?
e) Why do they sit on the floor?
7. Play the video again and this time ask students to talk about the video like if they were narrating and ask some questions to the band.
Compartir MED en classroom: