A piece of news for students to read and compare to another newspaperSugerencia de uso
1. Print the article (C+P) and make copies for students.
2. Tell students THE GUARDIAN is a very important British newspaper, a reliable mass media.
3. Distribute the article, ask students to read the headline “TOKYO OLYMPICS POSTPONEDTO 2021DUE TO CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC” and discus what the article might be about.
4. Invite students to work in groups of 3 and organize how they are going to read the article. You may suggest they read 2 paragraph each and then discuss it , that they underline new words and help each other with their meanings, etc.
5. Set a time limit for the reading of the article and ask these questions,
a) Is the headline clear and simple for readers?
b) What type of information is given?
c) Why are there some sentences quoted “ ----“?
d) What paragraphs show the main information and which ones show supporting information?
6. Invite groups of students to share with the class their opinions about the article.
Compartir MED en classroom: