A reading comprehension activity for students to practice reading journalistic newsSugerencia de uso
1. This is the second part of the activity that started in the previous session. Students read the piece of news and worked with reading comprehension: do the Synonyms activity with the whole class.
2. Ask students why this is a piece of news. That is, what this event has that ‘made headlines’.
3. Use the set of words in the section CHAT to talk about the article. Invite students to work in groups of three.
4. Monitor and make sure students are participating and using the vocabulary.
5. Ask students to read to sentence to discuss in the section WRITING and think how they can use it to rewrite the headline in a more attractive way.
6. Invite groups to share the headlines they wrote,
Compartir MED en classroom: