A video for students to gain more practice in reading news headlinesSugerencia de uso
1. Use a beam projector to show the video clip.
2. Tell students they have been working with different headlines to practice reading journalistic news. Review what a ‘headline’ is.
3. Tell students they are going to learn 5 ways of practice with headlines and they need to make a list of these 5 tips with an example as it is presented in the video.
4. Play the video and make sure you pause it to paraphrase and comment with students on the tips and recommendations this teacher is giving.
5. Stop the video right after the 5 tips have been given and write on the board a headline. You can make it up and prepare a couple beforehand. For example, “Students get the gold medal in English.” And apply these points so students can understand how they work.
6. Continue projecting the video, now from 4:48 where a headline is presented with variations for students to identify them and discuss them.
7. This first half of the video is what students need to review on how to read news headlines.
8. Invite students to work in pairs and talk about these 5 ways by using their notes.
Compartir MED en classroom: