A worksheet for students to analyze news based on the basic 5 questionsSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Tell students they are going to review the 5 Ws and the H. Ask them what they refer to (WH_questions) and how important they are when analyzing a piece of news.
3. Distribute the worksheet and invite students to work in pairs.
4. Ask students to tell you some news they read about or heard about to work with. You can also have one news in English ready beforehand and use it with the whole class. Another option is that students can open their textbooks and use a piece of news from there.
5. Ask students to write the 5 Ws and the H questions whose information can be found in that news.
6. Monitor and offer help as needed.
7. Invite some students to read their questions and discuss how important those questions are to identify and analyze news.
Compartir MED en classroom: