A worksheet for students to learn vocabulary in headlines and practiceSugerencia de uso
1. Use a beam projector to show the activity.
2. Draw students’ attention to the left column and tell students those are the names of online newspapers. The middle column is a list of headlines taken from those newspapers and the right column show a word and its definition to help with the reading comprehension.
3. Start with the first newspaper and focus on the headline, read it and wait for reactions. Did they understand the topic? Then, read the word “aid” and read the headline again. Do not take extra time in presenting only vocabulary, however, encourage students to read the first page with 14 headlines.
4. Invite students to work in groups of three and make sure they are helping each other and discussing the headlines.
5. Offer help as needed.
6. Check the exercise by reading the first headline and mentioned ‘published by (name of newspaper), what is the news about? And get different answers.
7. Invite all the groups to participate and try their answers. In case, they are incorrect, the rest of the class will help.
Compartir MED en classroom: