A silent shot film for students to watch and discuss in terms of general sense and main ideasSugerencia de uso
1. Use a beam projector to show the film.
2. Tell students that this time they are going to watch a silent film, a short film that was produced recently. Silent movies are not only about the origins of movies but a type of movie in the industry of films.
3. Ask students to reflect on the title, ‘Life’, and wait for reactions. Discuss with the class their answers.
4. Play the movie without interruptions or pauses until the end and ask students this time ‘what’s ‘Life’?.
5. Invite students to share with the class their ideas, opinions but mainly what they think the film is called ‘Life’.
6. Ask students to work in pairs and discuss the location, characters, topic, and purpose of the film. Monitor and help with grammar and vocabulary as needed.
7. Invite students to sit with another pair of students and present and discuss their answers. Then, have a general discussion about the film using students’ answers.
8. You may want to play the video again after those points have been discussed and analyzed.
Compartir MED en classroom: