A video clip from a Charles Chaplin silent movie for students to revise and commentSugerencia de uso
1. Use a beam projector to show the video clip.
2. Tell students this Chaplin clip comes from a movie called ‘Modern Times’ which was a very popular one.
3. Suggest students to visit www.charliechaplin.com to learn more about his films.
4. Tell students they are going to answer these questions, so you may write them on the board,
a) Where does it take place? (Setting)
b) What are the feelings expressed in the scene by Chaplin and the lady?
c) What does the title card say?
d) What’s so powerful about this scene?
5. Play the video with no interruptions and then give students some time to write their answers.
6. Invite students to get in groups of three and discuss their answers.
7. Have a final answer checkup with the whole class and ask them how much they enjoyed the clip.
Compartir MED en classroom: