A news report about the Lagos Comic Convention for students to give opinionsSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Ask students what they think of video games, if they like them, why/ why not? And make sure you give your opinion by saying you don’t like them, you think re boring, etc./you can also ask their opinion on who the best Mexican /foreign soccer player is, etc. Try to use some topic that sounds controversial.
3. Tell students they are going to practice giving opinions with this activity: distribute the worksheet.
4. Talk about the 4 situations: a) Giving personal opinion, b) Asking for someone’s opinion,c) Agreeing, and d) Disagreeing and illustrate them using some of the answers students gave you about video games, comic heroes, etc.
5. Ask students to classify the 12 expressions into these 4 groups but set a time limit.
6. When time is up and if students haven’t finished, give them a second chance (less time than the first time, of course) and ask them to find someone who has the answers they need.
7. Check answers with the class and clarify meaning. Then, complete the paragraph at the bottom of the page.
Compartir MED en classroom: