A news report about the Lagos Comic Convention for students to give opinionsSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector and a set of speakers for students to hear the news report.
2. Ask students if they like to read comic books and which ones.
3. Ask students if they have a favorite comic hero and why /why not?
4. This is a short news report on a Comic convention in Lagos, Africa and it’s going to be adapted and simplified for your students. The transcript in on this page (https://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/english/features/lingohack/ep-200415) so decide beforehand if you want to make copies and have students read along.
5. You may want to pre-teach this vocabulary or review it after the video. It is also on the webpage.
1. movement – group of people with the same ideas and aims
2. put (something) on the map – make (something) better known / famous
3. perspective – way of thinking
4. talents – natural abilities or skills
5. entrepreneurship – ability to think in term of commercial opportunities
6. Play the video and show students it has subtitles. Decide when you want to make pauses and comment on the information.
7. Work with the vocabulary at the end of the video where it is presented how it was used.
7. Invite students to work in pairs and write 5 (WH_) questions about the news: Comic convention. Monitor and help as needed.
8. Ask students to sit with other pairs of students and compare their questions, are they the same? How different are they?
9. Invite pairs of students to ask their questions to a different pair. Did they answer right?
Compartir MED en classroom: