An authentic breaking news segment from a Detroit TV channel for students to work on listening comprehensionSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the video to students. They have worked with it in a previous session so it will be easier to use in class this time.
2. Before you show the video, show only the hostess and write on the board WHAT, WHERE, WHEN, WHY.
3. Invite students to work in pairs and rebuild the story by answering those questions. If the video was not used earlier, you may want to play it and use the same WH_questions to know what happened.
4. Ask students to compare and contrast both videos in this session, the children’s (a school project), and an authentic and real one.
5. Suggest students make two columns in their notebook and WH_words on top as heading for them to easily write information about what happened.
6. Monitor and offer help as needed.
7. Invite pairs of students to compare and contrast what they wrote.
Compartir MED en classroom: