A news show for students to practice listening comprehensionSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the ad. Make sure that students can see the ad from their seats.
2. Ask students what news show people in their family watch on TV or what radio station they listen to for the news.
3. Tell students they are going to listen to a news hostess (a little girl) read some news and they have to take notes.
4. Do not show the video, use the speakers and high volume so everybody can see and wait for reactions. They are children playing news hostess.
5. When students identify they are listening to a girl, encourage them to focus on the events they are going to mention. You can make some pauses to give students time to write some notes.
6. Ask questions, what’s the news? What did they say about Canada? Are they in Canada?
7. Play the video and show the news segment now. What do they think about this ‘news’.
Compartir MED en classroom: