A video for students to listen to a book fair invitation and practice news comprehensionSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the video and have a set of speakers ready for students to listen to the invitation.
2. Tell students they are going to listen to an invitation to an event so they need to listen carefully and report to the class.
3. Invite students to write 3 to 5 (WH_) questions that can be answered when they listen to the news. Monitor the activity.
4. Ask students to work in pairs and compare their questions, are they the same or different? Then, ask students to keep only 5 questions for the listening practice.
5. Play the video but do not let students see it, only hear the audio. (Students may notice the accent in the video that is from India. Use this as a cultural feature and opportunity to learn about other countries) and tell the students to look for the answers to their questions.
6. Play the video a second time and check answers with the students. Did they get their answers?
7. Show the video to help students with the picture and confirm their answers.
Compartir MED en classroom: