A video for students to learn English with the newsSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the video.
2. Tell students they are going to practice English using a news report.
3. Ask students if they understand the news in Spanish and then, compare it to English. Is it vocabulary? Is it the accent? Etc.
4. Write on the board, “Yesterday, Mr. Gonzalez, the Principal of the school…,…,…” and invite students to complete the ‘story’ with original information.
5. Discuss with students the answers and drive them to notice they are using the past tense.
6. Play the video and listen to the story carefully, you may play it twice and then work with the WH_questions before the teacher in the video writes the news on the board.
7. Confirm answers and invite students to work in pairs and retell the story to each other. Who sounded more ‘natural’?
Compartir MED en classroom: