An authentic breaking news segment from a Detroit TV channel for students to work on listening comprehensionSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the news from Channel 4 in Detroit. This is a 2-minute video. Decide if you want to play the first 27 seconds where the news hostess is talking about what happened, or just play the part where the reporter is narrating how the fire started. There are subtitles to this video.
2. Use a good set of speakers for students to listen to this breaking news but first play the video without sound so students get the ‘picture’.
3. Ask the question, ‘what happened?’ Help with vocabulary as needed.
4. Play the video again and ask students to work in pairs and talk about the fire. It is not expected that students give details so encourage them to produce and connect a few sentences.
5. Invite volunteers to share the narration of the events and discuss with the class what they think of the firefighter off duty.
Compartir MED en classroom: