A vocabulary list for students to learn and practice abbreviations used in adsSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Review what an abbreviation is and what we use them for.
3. Ask students what these abbreviations and symbols mean: YRS. / AV. / TEL. / $ / and the phrase FOR SALE
4. Distribute the list of abbreviations and ask students to read it. Help with vocabulary as needed.
5. Ask questions about the abbreviations such as, what abbreviations can be used to describe a product, to sell a house, to describe an object, an apartment.
6. Invite students to work in pairs and take turns practicing abbreviations, student A spells out one abbreviation and student B says the word; then, they switch roles.
7. Ask students t go to their textbook and read the ads they worked with to find the abbreviations.
Compartir MED en classroom: