An authentic ad for students to explore its contentSugerencia de uso
1. Use a beam projector to show the ad.
2. Ask students how much they know about Barbie dolls, are they famous, popular , etc?
3. Let the students read the ad and paraphrase the ad. Do not take extra time in explaining vocabulary except for the very relevant words.
4. Ask students if this is an old ad and what a ‘vintage doll’ means.
5. Ask students to work in pairs and think about the categories they could classify the Barbie in. Explain that in the newspapers there are sections and /or categories for the items to sell.
6. Invite students to compare their sections with other pairs and discuss them.
7. Invite students to tell you what those sections are and write them on the board. Make comments on students’ answers and add more examples, a skateboard, and a backpack. Where do they classify them?
8. Ask students (girls) if they’d buy this Barbie and why.
Compartir MED en classroom: