A sample of a classified ad for students to explore contentSugerencia de uso
1. Use a beam projector to show the ad.
2. Ask students what an ad is and what people write them for. They can use some samples from their textbook.
3. Show the ad, point at the word ‘computer games’ and elicit from students that is a section in a newspaper.
4. Ask students to copy the Nintendo ad that is in box (the third one)
5. Ask students what the important things to look for in an ad are when they are buying something second hand and write some of the answers on the board.
6. Write on the board, “w/ receipt” and “pick up/ship” and explain what they mean (with receipt and if you buy it you can pick it up or have it sent to your address)
7. Invite students to work in pairs, read the ad and write two yes/no questions about it. You may want to review the question form and give a couple of examples.
8. Monitor the activity and offer help as needed.
9. Invite pairs of students to ask their questions to other pairs. If students didn’t ask these questions try them, Is this classified ad selling or buying?, is this a new or old Nintendo?
Compartir MED en classroom: