A cultural video for students to learn about some customs and traditions in the PhilippinesSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the video.
2. Ask students what they know about the Philippines (maybe they’ve heard about Manny Pacquiao, the boxer). We recommend you have a map with you to show the geographical location of the country as well as other interesting pictures, if possible.
3. Mention that in the Philippines, they will hear Spanish names, or some religious customs as well, due to the fact that the Spanish conquered some territory as well.
4. Invite students to work in pairs, they need to write in their notebooks the categories they will see in the video and write down some questions they could ask somebody regarding those topics and whose answer will be given as information in the video
5. Play the video and make several pauses, right after one of the topics is mentioned and give pairs time to write down at least two questions .
6. Monitor and offer help with grammar.
7. When the video finishes, ask students what they think about those customs and traditions.
8. Invite pairs of students to ask their questions to different pairs.
Compartir MED en classroom: