A cultural video for students to learn about an important apache ritual (passage into woman)Sugerencia de uso
1. Use a beam projector to show the video.
2. Ask students if they know of some important rituals of some cultures around the world about boys and girls. That is, ceremonies in which they participate as the protagonists in passing from children to young **
3. Ask students what they think of when they hear ‘Apache’ and what they know of that culture.
4. Play the video and decide on the number of pauses and what sections you want to show. The video takes about 10 minutes and an old Apache chief is narrating the ceremony with a girl.
5. Invite students to take some notes under these categories: WHO / WHAT / WHEN / WHERE / HOW / WHY. Remind them they do not need to write complete sentences but key phrases or words.
6. Help as needed with vocabulary.
7. Invite students to work in groups of three and check their notes.
8. Ask some volunteers to share with the class their information by reporting WHO / WHAT / WHEN / WHERE / HOW / WHY.
Compartir MED en classroom: