A worksheet for students to learn what a tradition is and what a custom is based on a comparisonSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Tell students they are going to review a couple of concepts ‘tradition’ and ‘custom’ and elicit these definitions from them before you use the activity.
3. Distribute the worksheet and draw students’ attention toward ‘Native American cultures’ and explain they refer to USA cultural groups such as Navajos, for example.
4. Ask students to read the passage and monitor the activity.
5. Help with vocabulary and cultural concepts as well.
6. When students finish reading, ask them to sit in pairs, and answer the questions.
7. Offer help with grammar and vocabulary and make sure they are actually discussing their answers and comparing, not only copying their answers from the text.
8. Invite pairs of students to compare their answers with another pair and clarify concepts and answers given as necessary.
Compartir MED en classroom: