A video for students to review the meaning of modals Can and May in expressing ability and asking for permissionSugerencia de uso
1. Use a beam projector to show the video.
2. Ask students to give you a sentence using CAN in either affirmative or negative and write it (them) on the board. Then, sentences using MAY.
3. Invite students to read the sentences and tell you which ones express ability and which ones express permission.
4. Ask students to write down the examples shown in the video and write two more to complete a list.
5. Invite students to work in pairs and do the section ‘Now it’s your turn’. One of the students read the CAN…sentence and the other student reads the MAY …sentence.
6. Ask students what the difference between CAN and MAY is.
Compartir MED en classroom: