An informative video of the American Red Cross and its program of youth volunteering for students to learn about its importance in their communitySugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the video.
2. Ask students what they know about the Red Cross.
3. Ask students if they’ve ever visited people in a hospital as volunteers.
4. Play the video and set the scene, a young girl who volunteers and is the head of this particular project.
5. Make several pauses for students to check on comprehension, paraphrase, and clear up concepts and ideas.
6. When the video is finished, ask students to work in pairs and think of how they could help the Red Cross here in their community.
7. Encourage them to make a list of 3 different things to help this institution.
8. Invite volunteers to share their lists with the class.
Compartir MED en classroom: