A video for students to learn about the benefits of volunteeringSugerencia de uso
1. Use a beam projector to show the video.
2. Ask students if they know of any organizations that need volunteers and what kind of work they would be doing if they accepted to volunteer.
3. Tell students this is a British video. Try to take cultural advantage of the video when students notice this is not American English but British English.
4. Play the video and set the scene: a student who is learning the benefits of volunteering.
5. Invite students to watch the video and identify why these students would volunteer, why a senior citizen with an Ipad is in the video, etc.
6. Pause the video several times and provoke conversation and discussion.
7. Invite the class to give their opinion and write a paragraph in pairs: What are the benefits of volunteering?
Compartir MED en classroom: