A video for students to listen to a conversation about a party and who to inviteSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the video.
2. Tell students they are going to watch a very good video to practice listening and speaking skills about somebody having a barbecue and deciding who to invite.
3. Play the video (it takes 2 minutes) and tell students they can also read the lines because there are speech bubbles. Make sure they can follow the conversation and help with grammar and vocabulary as needed.
4. When the conversation finishes, ask students to practice it but in a very fun way. They will play the part of Makayla by reading her lines which will be shown in speech bubbles. Play the first couple of lines and rehearse with students.
5. Ask students to work in pairs and choose volunteers to read both of them the lines. You can have different pairs read a couple of lines and change to another pair. Help with rhythm and intonations as needed.
6. If time allows, continue with the speaking practice which turns into more challenging now. Invite volunteers to say Makayla´s lines by completing the expression which misses letters.
7. It is recommended that students work with, at least , one exercise on comprehension, we suggest ‘TRUE-FALSE’.
Compartir MED en classroom: