A worksheet for students to practice in a semi-controlled way dialogues about making, accepting and declining an invitationSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students. There are 3 pages to print. Page 1 and 2 are to be used in this session and page 3 will be used in the next session.
2. Distribute the 2 pages and tell students this is going to be a general review on expressions used by speakers when inviting and rejecting invitations.
3. Ask students to work in pairs and practice the dialog making an excuse. Help with vocabulary as needed.
4. Invite pairs of students to complete the dialog and give a different excuse. Monitor and invite some pairs to read their dialogues paying close attention to intonation. Remind students they are going to make excuses.
5. For exercise 3 invite students to work with a different partner to practice dialog 3.
6. Invite students to work in groups of 3 and complete the sentences using the hints to identify what to complete, statements or questions.
7. Check answers with the whole class.
Compartir MED en classroom: