A video for students to listen to a dialog about an invitation to a birthday party.Sugerencia de uso
1. Use a beam projector to show the video.
2. Tell students they are going to listen to a dialog between two girls and they will have to answer some questions about that.
3. Ask students to listen carefully or read, the video has subtitles, so they can have two different types of channels to work on comprehension.
4. Ask students what they think ‘the invitation’ is about. Wait for reactions.
5. Write on the board: WHAT / WHO / WHEN / WHERE and tell students they need to focus on the events mentioned in the dialog which respond to the question words.
6. Play the video and make several pauses for students to process the information. Help with vocabulary as needed but do not comment on anything else until the video is finished. Students may take notes if they want.
7. Invite 4 students to come to the front and choose the WH_ word they want to work with. Then, ask them to write information they have under the word they chose.
8. Play the video again and ask students to write the information needed.
9. Have a second round of students to complete the WH_ information since WHAT can have more pieces of information that WHEN, for example.
10. Check answers and talk about ‘the invitation’.
Compartir MED en classroom: