A grammar worksheet for students to practice the use of commas in clausesSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Ask students to give you 5 different punctuation marks. If they don’t know the name in English, take them in Spanish but give the English name immediately.
3. Ask students what is the function of the comma in a sentence.
4. Write an example on the board with no punctuation which shows objects, animals etc. enumerated.
5. Ask students to put the commas in the right places.
6. Distribute the worksheet and ask students to answer it.
7. When students finish ask them to exchange their worksheets with other students and grade the paper.
8. Tell students to return the worksheets to their owners and now you give the right answers. Were they right or not?
9. Finally, ask students to write a similar sentence in their notebooks for each sentence they got wrong.
Compartir MED en classroom: