A grammar activity for students to practice identifying independent and subordinate clausesSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students
2. Invite students to work in pairs and answer the exercise.
3. Distribute the worksheet and tell students one of them is going to change his/her name into ‘independent’ and the other into ‘subordinate’ and their last name will be ‘clauses’.
4. Monitor and offer help as needed.
5. Invite students to check their answers with another pair of students, ‘independent’ students will give their answers of that type while the ‘subordinate’ students will give only those answers.
6. Finally, ask students how many of them got the right name and which ones didn’t.
Compartir MED en classroom: