A worksheet for students to practice reading subskills in finding the main ideaSugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students. (The answers come on the second page of the same file)
2. Tell students they have been practicing reading skills and now they are going to learn which ones they are: main ideas and details.
3. Ask students if they know who the author of this book is (Jules Verne). Of course, students will guess that since the name is under the title of the novel.
4. Guide students through the activity and ask them to answer the questions.
5. When they are finished, ask students to work in groups of three and discuss their answers.
6. Invite two volunteers to define ‘main idea’ and ‘supporting details’ and then go over the answers.
7. Finally, ask students to justify their answers by telling why ‘that’ is not detail or the mains idea (since it doesn’t have/show/explain, etc)
Compartir MED en classroom: