A Video for students to learn about The Vikings.Sugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the video.
2. Ask students how much they know about the Vikings, where they lived, the time when they were a well-known culture and what they are famous for. Students may talk about the tv series,’Vikings’ so use those comments to have a discussion about them.
3. Invite students to work in pairs and divide the video into different parts.
4. Ask students to draw three different columns for them to write about, social organization / habits / expansion. Remind students to use their note-taking skills
5. Play the video and make pauses so students can record the information.
6. Help with grammar and vocabulary as needed.
7. Invite pairs of students to write down 3 questions about the Vikings (1 per each one of the categories in #4)
8. Monitor the activity.
9. Finally, say a number 1-3, i.e., #2 and invite volunteers to read their question that belong to that category and invite the class to answer it. Do several rounds so everybody participates.
Compartir MED en classroom: