A video for students to learn what a pulley is, how it works and different types of pulleysSugerencia de uso
1. Use the beam projector to show the video.
2. Tell students they are going to learn about different types of pulleys.
3. Ask students what the advantages of using a pulley are. Ask for simple and concrete examples.
4. Play the video, the first part shows what a machine is and what a simple machine is. The rest of the video is about how pulleys work and the different types there are so decide on how you want to show the information, by pausing the video several times or simply by diving it into two halves.
5. Ask students not to take notes but to draw pictures and label them.
6. Monitor the activity and offer help with grammar and vocabulary.
7. Invite students to form groups of three and exchange their drawings to learn from their classmates.
8. Finally, ask some volunteers to use their drawings and explain the class how a pulley works and have some more volunteers mime the actions in the explanation.
Compartir MED en classroom: