A crossword activity for students to practice vocabulary on simple machines.Sugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students (the answers to the crossword are in a separate sheet in the same file)
2. Tell students they are going to practice vocabulary you recommend they learn so they are able to read and talk about simple machines.
3. Give students an example by reading the first definition (#1) and ask them to guess what the object is.
4. Distribute the worksheet and ask students to work in pairs.
5. Monitor the activity and help students with vocabulary.
6. Invite students to exchange their crossword puzzled with another pair and correct or provide the missing answers.
7. Finally, use the definitions in the puzzle to ask questions to students, such as, what’s a wedge used for cutting food?, or how do you call the pulleys used to raise the sailboat?, etc.
Compartir MED en classroom: