A fun activity for students to practice dictionary skills and writing by inventing a new word.Sugerencia de uso
1. Download the file and make copies for students.
2. Ask students if they know what a “frindle” is and wait for reactions.
3. Tell them that is is the new words for “pen” and explain it is a joke.
4. Hand out the worksheet and guide students through the activity.
5. Encourage students to use their imagination and make up a new word for a simple object.
6. Invite them to complete the entry and offer help as needed.
7. Finally, invite students to share their new words with the class and make a list of them. (If they cannot finish the activity because of time, you may assign it for homework but try at least that they work on the first part of the worksheet in class)
Compartir MED en classroom: