A cartoon for students to identify contextual elements in interpreting meaning.Sugerencia de uso
1. Use a beam projector to show the cartoon.
2. Tell students this is a cartoon, not a comic strip, and discuss with the difference with them.
3. Guide them through the elements by pointing at ‘poll’, ‘the Martian’, ‘the spaceship’, etc.
4. Help with grammar as necessary since it is probable that students may need help with ‘If you were….’
5. Ask students to discuss in pairs the intention and meaning of this scene.
6. Invite students to write a short paragraph explaining that.
7. Finally, invite pairs to present their explanations to the class.
Compartir MED en classroom: