A text about the very popular iconic Japanese craft for students to learn and compare their origins and cultural aspectsSugerencia de uso
1. Use a beam projector to show the picture of Kokeshi Dolls.
2. Tell students to describe the dolls and think of any other Mexican icon to compare them.
3. Show students the first part of the text, ‘What’s a Kokeshi Doll?’
4. Ask students to draw a Kokeshi Doll in a piece of paper and briefly describe what they are using the information learned. Do not show the text but the picture.
5. Show students the next paragraph and read with them, ‘The History of Japanese Kokeshi Dolls’ and help with vocabulary as needed.
6. Invite students to work in groups of three and ask them to use the prompts to write sentences: 19th century/tale / Northern Japan; farmers/children / hot springs/winter/; spiritual significance / prevent fire / Kokeshi Dolls
Compartir MED en classroom: