A text about one of the most iconic symbols in Mexico and its origins for students to describe and compare against other icons in different cultures.Sugerencia de uso
1. Use a beam projector to show the text “La Catrina”.
2. Tell students they are going to work on a second part of the activity using the same text as in the previous lesson. Do not show the text.
3. Show the pictures and invite students to describe ‘La Catrina’ in their own words.
5. Invite students to work in groups of three and use the answers to the questions (not the questions ), Who’s the creator of ‘La Catrina’, Diego Rivera or Jose Guadalupe Posada? , Why do you think people often get confused and think its creator was Rivera?, What is ‘La Garbancera’?, What’s ‘The Sunday Evening Dream’? Who gave the skeleton the name of ‘La Catrina’? What’s catrina? To write a paragraph about ‘La Catrina’
6. Finally, invite groups to read their paragraphs to the class.
Compartir MED en classroom: