A text about one of the most iconic symbols in Mexico and its origins for students to describe and compare against other icons in different cultures.Sugerencia de uso
1. Use a beam projector to show the text “La Catrina”.
2. Ask students if they remember what that is. Do not show them the pictures until they say something about it.
3. Show the text and ask students to read with you in the first paragraph.
4. Continue with the History of this icon, help with vocabulary as needed.
5. Invite students to work in groups of three and answer the following questions, Who’s the creator of ‘La Catrina’, Diego Rivera or Jose Guadalupe Posada? , Why do you think people often get confused and think its creator was Rivera?, What is ‘La Garbancera’?, What’s ‘The Sunday Evening Dream’? Who gave the skeleton the name of ‘La Catrina’? What’s catrina?
6. Finally, get the answers to the questions and ask students to think of a good title for this text instead of ‘La Catrina’.
Compartir MED en classroom: