A popular American comic strip for students to learn cultural expressions.Sugerencia de uso
1. Use a beam projector to show the comic strip.
2. Tell students to focus discuss the title: Funny Monkey
3. Ask students if they think that monkeys are funny and why.
4. Invite students to read the comic strip and wait for reactions.
5. If none, guide students through the story and focus on ‘I’m bananas’ and the answer of the clerk.
6. Tell students the meaning of that, ‘being crazy’ and then ask again if then this is a funny monkey.
7. Invite students to tell you how they imagine the face of the clerk when the money says he’s bananas.
8. Finally, invite students to work in pairs and share with the class different ways both the monkey and the clerk could have used not to get confused.
Compartir MED en classroom: